The Shelby Development Corporation is a long-term member of the Kentucky Main Street Program. It is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to promote the responsible development of our downtown community.
We concentrate our efforts on business development, planning, promotion, historic preservation and economic restructuring.
Funding by the City of Shelbyville and Shelby County Government is guided by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of community leaders enthusiastic about Shelbyville.
- • Develop a commercial core that is readily accessible and convenient to pedestrians.
- • Diversify and expand economic opportunities in the downtown area.
- • Reinforce downtown as the focal point for civic, government, religious and social activity.
- • Conserve the community's historic, architectural and natural resources.
- • Focus on design quality and site planning.
- • Improve pedestrian movement and parking.